DISH has long been an innovator in the TV space and the company proved it is committed to continuing down that path with the Hopper 3. The satellite TV provider made shockwaves with the announcement of its new DVR product at CES 2016 in Las Vegas earlier this year and officially rolled out the product shortly after. It is a perfect time to upgrade, especially now that a few months have passed since launch and plenty of people have had a chance to test out the Hopper 3.
Need to be convinced? Let’s take a look at some of the features and reviews of this product that show exactly why you need to get on board if you haven’t upgraded or joined DISH yet.
To start, here’s what the groundbreaking Hopper 3 is capable of offering TV fanatics:
- 16 Tuners – this allows The Hopper 3 users to watch shows across the household in a number of rooms, view live programming remotely with DISH Anywhere, and even record multiple shows. Best of all, it can do this all at once—without any conflicts or issues.
- 4K Video – this is the new gold standard for high definition. The Hopper 3supports a wide range of 4K video programming and is pre-equipped with selections from Sony Pictures. Netflix recently became available in 4K for Hopper users.
- Netflix Search – speaking of Netflix, The Hopper 3 prominently features the company’s app and includes the available titles in its universal search results.
- Sports Bar Mode – The Hopper 3 brings the entertainment factor of a sports bar into your home, thanks to a multi-channel view that cuts your TV into quadrants – each capable of displaying a different program. This is perfect for the upcoming football season.
- 7 TV Support – by utilizing up to six supporting Joeys, the Hopper 3 can power up to seven televisions at a single time.
Best of all, DISH is constantly adding features, accessories and offering consistent support for its premium DVR product. Netflix support was added shortly after release, while the company rolled out a voice-operated remote in mid-July.
If you still need convincing, take a look at some of the reviews that The Hopper 3 has been garnering from respected voices in the industry.
- Will Greenwald of PC Mag gave this product a 5-star rating, citing its incredible power when synced up to a 4K-ready television and ridiculous amount of tuners. He described upgrading to The Hopper 3 a “no-brainer” for both existing and new DISH customers.
- Mike Prospero of Tom’s Guide dished out (no pun intended) an 8 out of 10—a “totally worth it” rating—for this innovative DVR offering. The reviewer noted that it’s an excellent purchase for those who record a lot of programs and want to prepare for the future with 4K.
- Client DeBoer of AudioGurus bestowed a 4.8 out of 5 rating to The Hopper 3, calling it a refined product that navigates quickly through content. The author claims that this is the fastest device on the market and is “not just edging out the competition, they’re bleeding edge.”
As you can see, The Hopper 3 really is the best product out there right now and it will be for a long time to come. DISH is completely committed to supporting its DVR offering and it will only get better as it matures. Don’t miss out, contact PESDish today to get set up with DISH service and a brand new Hopper 3.